Wednesday 4 July 2012

Internship week 3 "Felt like a professional designer"

Hello readers !

I would like to start by congratulating myself because succesfully I have developed 3 samples for the buyers visiting in July . Plus on one of it I have got comments also FROM THE BUYER. But for now all the hardwork paid off this week . I have been developing silhouttes from last two weeks and finally I got a break through .

It is not that of a headache to develop a sample here becauze all you need to do is co-ordinate and keep a follow up on the progress of your sample .For that you have to use any means necessary. And that is just not a figure of speech.Before telling you about my design i want to write about the journey till it .

It is not an easy job for me commanding or ordering or scolding a person elder to you . But after this week I can shout scold threat (without any authority) to any one who is suppose to do my job but is not doing just becauz i am the new guy.It took me three weeks to develop two samples and two protos (here in orient craft we call toiles as protos). That means per week one sample including protos . And that is auwful as a record because developing a sample with all those facilities there shldnt take more than three hours . Now I ll tell u why

1. The new guy
2. Master in the our sampling department wasnt able to understand my design
3.Tailor wasnt able stitch it properly
4.I had to run around all over orient craft doing clerical work plus concentrate on my design developement from the begining itself

Now that part was a bit unnecessary but this majorly reflects my learning that how will you explain a semi-literate man your design . The master has dealt with even complicated ones but what is necessary is to  explain him how and what is in the sketch .
Plus how will you get the work done . I had to be polite , harsh , and shout also at some point what is important is to be that your work should be done.BOSS ONLY CARES ABOUT THE WORK .


Moodboard - provided by the company Fat Face
Trend forecasting - provided by the company also
but sadely i cannot upload it due to the company restrictions




Sketch - Developed by Shanawaz Ali ; Software-Adobe Illustrator






Proto 1-#001
casual summer season outfit






Sealer 1-#001








Process




The design you see above has been developed for the beach wear category for fat face !





Fabric - Single Jersey , 100 % cotton , 160 gsm with engineered stripes.

The reason i ve chosen enginerred stripes is becauze according to the "fat face" trend forecasting
they have forecasted engineered stripes to be the upcoming trends.
I have tried to keep the garment as simple as possible by avoiding trims of anykind as fat face co is all about casual wear though they use laces and embroideries a lot but i just didnt feel like using some .
that was some bit of leverage i enjoyed becauz every sample from that company has trims some where or the other


Garment two !!




This is the garment I am working upon next week i will write about this



please comment !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment